Short grain brown rice, avocado, red bell pepper, and alfalfa sprouts, rolled in nori seaweed sheets. Serves 4.
1 cup uncooked short grain brown rice
2 cups water
1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
Pinch of Sweet & Salty Gourmet Sea Salt
1 avocado, sliced
1/4 red bell pepper
1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
4 sheets nori seaweed
1. Rinse and drain brown rice, place into a saucepan over medium heat, and pour in water. Stir in Sweet â€˜n Salty sea salt, bring to a boil, and simmer until rice has absorbed the water, about 45 minutes. Let rice cool until warm; stir in brown rice vinegar.
2. To roll the sushi, cover a bamboo sushi rolling mat with plastic wrap. Lay a sheet of nori, rough side up, on the plastic wrap. With wet fingers, firmly pat a thick, even layer of brown rice over the nori, leaving top e
dge about 1/2-inch deep uncovered with rice. Place 1 or 2 slices of avocado and a small amount of red bell pepper strips and alfalfa sprouts in a line along the bottom edge of the sheet.
3. Pick up the edge of the bamboo rolling sheet, fold the bottom edge of the sheet up, enclosing the vegetables, and tightly roll the sushi into a thick cylinder. Dampen the bare nori edge with a wet finger and seal the roll. Once the sushi is rolled, wrap it in the mat and gently squeeze to compact it tightly. Let rolls rest for a few minutes before cutting each roll into 6 pieces for serving.
A new kick to a traditional recipe. Sweet and savory. Serves 4 to 6.
4 yams or sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tsp Red Hot Cinnamon Gourmet Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a roasting tray and lay yams in a single layer.
2. Drizzle with melted butter (reserving a little for after roasting), brown sugar and Red Hot Cinnamon Gourmet Sea Salt.
3. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes (until tender). Drizzle with remaining melted butter before serving.