Rib-eye roast with garlic butter and Blush Cabernet Sea Salt is an easy to prepare crowd-pleaser. Serves 8.
1 cup softened butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 (4 pound) bone-in rib-eye roast
Blush Cabernet Sea Salt to taste
Cracked black pepper to taste
1. Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
2. Beat butter and garlic together in a bowl. Poke several holes in roast with a sharp knife. Rub butter mixture all over roast and season meat with Blush Cabernet Sea Salt and black pepper. Place roast, fat-side up, in a roasting pan.
3. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and continue cooking until roast is reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Delicious rolls of breaded eggplant with the taste of eggplant Parmesan. Serves 8.
1 large eggplant, ends trimmed
2 tsp Blush Lava Sea Salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs, beaten
1 C dried bread crumbs
vegetable oil for frying
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1 tbsp minced garlic
Ground black pepper to taste
2 cups prepared pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter.
2. Slice eggplant into 1/4-inch thick slices lengthwise, discard the end slices with skin. Lay the eggplant slices on paper towels and sprinkle both sides generously with Blush Lava Sea Salt . Let slices drain for 30 minutes, rinse, pat dry with paper towels.
3. Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip each eggplant slice in flour and shake off excess. Dip into egg and then into bread crumbs.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and fry the slices until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels, refrigerate for 10 min.
5. Mix ricotta cheese, Romano cheese, and garlic in a bowl. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Mound 1/3 to 1/2 cup of cheese mixture in the center. Roll up slice and place seam down into the prepared baking sheet. 6. Bake rolls about 25 min. until filling is hot. Serve with prepared pasta sauce.